- Don't miss us! Put your container outside by 7 a.m. on your designated collection day.
- Bag your trash to prevent the wind from blowing it out of the container as we dump it and to keep your container clean.
- Keep the lid closed, and do not overfill. Our operators do not pick up bags of trash outside the container.
- Place containers at your designated collection point - near your driveway, at the front curb or within 3 feet (3') of the alley's edge.
- Position the container with the wheels toward your house.
- Multiple containers should be positioned with 4 feet of space between them.
- Do not place containers near mailboxes, electrical or cable boxes, or other stationary objects such as gas or water meter
- Do not park vehicles in front of containers on collection day.
- Do not place household chemicals and electronics in your garbage cart. Please take them to the Dallas County Household Hazardous Waste facility, located at 11234 Plano Road. This service is free for Garland residents.
- If your container needs repair or replacing, contact us at 972-205-3500.
Waste that is too large for the green container, including tree trimmings, furniture, bags of leaves and grass, carpeting, should be placed at the front curb no earlier than 6 p.m. the day before scheduled pick up of brush and bulky waste. The exception is tree limbs, which may be placed at the front curb any day of the week. All brush and limbs must be separated from other bulky waste and placed in a separate pile.
For all missed garbage collection, please contact Environmental Waste Services (EWS) Customer Service by email or call 972-205-3500.
Acquiring Additional Carts
To request additional carts, please contact EWS Customer Service by email or call 972-205-3500. You may request up to two additional trash containers, for a total of three. You will pay an Additional Container Monthly Service Charge of $6.10 for each additional container.
The City retains ownership of trash carts. Residents who have extra carts should contact Customer Service when you move away or move to another residence within the city so the extra container(s) can be picked up and billing records can be updated. If you are paying for an additional container and want to cancel, call Customer Service to request removal of the additional container(s).