Finance and Investments
Morningstar Investment Research Center is an easy to navigate database that is designed to help library patrons reach their investment goals. It’s the one-stop tool for collecting financial information, getting reliable portfolio analysis, learning about investment options, and getting the most up-to-date financial news commentary.
- 14,500+ Stocks
- 24,800+ Mutual Funds
- 1,500 Exchange Traded Funds
- 700 Closed End Funds
- Expert Analyst Insight
Time to Review Your Investment Portfolio?
Watch Morningstar’s recorded presentations for guidance on building and maintaining your portfolio.
Look to the articles and videos for updated personal finance tips and commentary.
Download the helpful step-by-step electronic guide, “.”
Planning for Retirement?
Build, analyze, and edit your investment portfolio with the Portfolio X-Ray tool.
Utilize the Retirement Savings Calculator to check on your savings rate and define retirement goals.
Look through articles and videos for frequently updated tips and ideas on retirement.
New to Investing?
Take an online, self-paced course with Morningstar’s Investing Classroom to begin learning the basics.
Watch videos and read commentary from Morningstar and industry experts.
Utilize the glossary and methodologies when you come across a new term or rating.
Accurate and insightful investment research on companies, industries, markets and economies for beginning investors and veterans alike.
Library Elite: Access 3,500 large and small & mid-cap company reports.
The Value Line Fund Advisor Plus: Reports and ranks on more than 20,000 mutual funds.
The Value Line Special Situations Service®: Offers more aggressive managers and individual investors recommendations on emerging growth stocks with exceptional long-term capital gains potential.
The Value Line Options Survey: Daily evaluations and ranks on about 200,000 options, 80,000 longer-term options (LEAPS), and more.
The Value Line Convertibles Survey: Provides analysis of over 600 convertible issues, nearly 120 warrants, and more in a timely, easy-to-use format.
Gain access to:
- Graphs of Long Term Price Performance
- Proprietary Ranks
- Proprietary Company Estimates & Projections
- 3-5 year Projected Target Price Range
- Growth Rates
- Quarterly Sales
- Projected Price Appreciation
- Financial Strength Grades
- Stock Price Stability
- Earnings Predictability
Gale Courses is a comprehensive collection of free online learning courses for patrons seeking to enhance their professional skills, increase career opportunities and enrich their lives. Courses run for six weeks, with new course sessions starting each month.
Numerous instructor-led courses on virtually every topic are available — from personal finance, writing, web design, parenting, photography, accounting, programming, and hundreds more. Focusing on skill and professional development, all courses are created by expert instructors, ensuring that each course is comprehensive, clear and engaging.
Patrons will spend roughly two to four hours each week completing two engaging lessons in an enjoyable, interactive learning environment. Expert instructors develop and lead every course, and you will be able to interact with them and with fellow students in lively online discussion areas. New sessions start every month, so you can sign up anytime for as many classes as you like. Upon completing a course with a passing score, you'll get a record of completion.
- 6 week instructor-led courses
- Courses start monthly
- No specific class time - when a lesson is posted students have 2 weeks to complete it
- Communicate with the instructor and students in an online discussion area
- A passing grade earns a downloadable Record of Completion
Follow these easy steps to get started:
- Click “Enroll Now” next to the course of your choice. You can find courses by browsing through the categories on the left of your screen or by using the search bar on the Gale Courses main page.
- Select your course start date and click “Continue.”
- If you have never taken a Gale Courses course: enter your email address in the New Student area, and click “Create Account.” Complete the "Account and Student Information" page and then click "Continue." Enter your library barcode in the box labeled Submit. Then click “Use Library Card” to complete your enrollment.
If you are a returning student:
- Enter your account email and password and then click “Sign In.”
- Enter your library barcode and click “Use Library Card”.
- Return to the Gale Courses site when your class begins and start learning!
- If you need to drop a class, please email lib-support.
- Make sure you have the time needed to take each course. These courses have defined start and end dates. If you fall too far behind it can be difficult to catch up.
- After attending the first lesson, if you do not like or want the class, then do not log in to lesson 2. This is the same as dropping the class.
- Please use the end of course comments to provide feedback. The Library sees those as does Gale and we really do want to know what you liked (or did not like).
For any Gale Courses course, you will need Internet access, a non-shared e-mail address, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox Web browser, and the latest Adobe Flash and PDF plug-ins. Visit https://www.adobe.com/downloads and click Get Adobe Flash Player and Get Adobe Reader to download these free plug-ins.
Most of the courses are Macintosh compatible. If a course is not Macintosh compatible, this information will be stated on the course's Requirements tab when you view the course details.